When you enter formulas on Excel you will sometimes get an Excel error 'The formula you typed contains an error'. So how to tướng fix this error on Excel?
While entering a calculation formula on Excel you will sometimes encounter some errors that lead to tướng the inability to tướng complete the formula, for example with an Excel error 'The formula you typed contains an error'. Although we have revised the function to tướng the correct formula, we still report the above error. So how to tướng fix this error on Excel when importing formulas?
Bạn đang xem: the formula you typed contains an error
- 10 ways to tướng recover corrupted Excel files
- 7 most common Excel errors for office people
- Fix "File Error: data may have been lost" error in Excel
Instructions for fixing formula errors in Excel
Excel formula error 'The formula you typed contains an error' will have the nội dung as shown below. The example below is the RANK formula that ranks but reports an error.
Then Excel will ask you to tướng fix the error by:
- For more information about the recipe, click Help.
- For help entering a function, click Function Winzard (Formulas tab, Funtion Library group).
- If you bởi not try to tướng enter a formula, avoid using an equal sign (=) or minus sign (-), or before it with an apostrophe (').
When you click OK, Excel will indicate the wrong place to tướng correct it. But the problem here is that you edited it but still reported the error. So where is this formula error on Excel? There will be 2 ways to tướng edit.
Method 1: Change the sign in the formula
In the entry, the formula = RANK (C2, $ C $ 2: $ C $ 7.0).
This is a completely standard formula, but it still fails because of unsigned conversion. and mark, should allow this error to tướng occur. The temporary plan is to tướng change the seal, seal; in the formula.
The formula when changing the sign will be = RANK (C2; $ C $ 2: $ C $ 7; 0) . The data area has been selected correctly. Finally press Enter to tướng finish.
Results will appear shortly thereafter.
Method 2: How to tướng change a semicolon in Excel
After temporarily fixing the above error, we will proceed to tướng fix the error on the computer. You need to tướng make trailing settings. to tướng mark, to tướng apply to tướng the formula.
We open Control Panel on the computer and find the Clock, Language, and Region section to choose Change date time or number format .
Xem thêm: hình bình hành có 1 góc vuông
With Win XP, go to tướng the Start button and select Control Panel, click on the Regional and language Options and select Customize.
With Windows 7 , go to tướng Control Panel and select Clock, Language, and Region, click Change the date, time, or number format.
Click on Additional Settings . as shown below.
Switch to tướng the Customize Format interface, adjust the following:
- Decimal symbol: By mặc định, the sign is now changed to tướng a sign. ok
- Digit grouping symbol: Default is the sign. and you move to tướng the sign, okay.
After editing click the Apply button and click OK to tướng save the changes.
So you have a way to tướng fix the formula The formula you typed contains an error on Excel. Please kiểm tra the sign, in the formula and replace it with a; for the recipe. In case you bởi not want to tướng change the sign in the system and edit in Control Panel, use the method of 1 to tướng fix the mark.
Xem thêm: ý nghĩa câu chuyện quả táo
- How to tướng fix Errors were detected while saving files in Excel 2010
- How to tướng fix Vietnamese typing errors in Word, Excel
- 3 basic methods to tướng avoid data entry errors in Excel
I wish you all success!